1. Municipal solid waste generated annually: 1 million tons (2014 est.)
2. Municipal solid waste recycled annually: 20,000 tons (2016 est.)
3. Percent of municipal solid waste recycled: 2% (2016 est.)
4. Total water withdrawal
a. Municipal : 223.5 million cubic meters (2017 est.)
b. Industrial: 167.6 million cubic meters (2017 est.)
c. Agricultural: 1 million cubic meters (2017 est.)
Total renewable water resources
801 billion cubic meters (2017 est.)
|Particulate matter emissions: ||10.91 micrograms per cubic meter (2016 est.)|
|Carbon dioxide emissions:||7.54 megatons (2016 est.)|
|Methane emissions:||11.05 megatons (2020 est.)|
Future innovations in sustainable development and living in balance with nature.
The green economy, including conservation and mitigation measures to protect our planet from self destruction.
Papua New Guinea hosts the largest rainforest in the Asia Pacific region and the third largest in the World behind the Amazon, South America and the Congo, West Africa.
Through Education and Science, innovative ideas in the extraction and production methods in the resource-rich nations could lead to the protection and sustainable use of the resources and preserving these resources to continue to act as the lungs of the world.
Issues in discussion include the following;
- Papua New Guinea Government’s Conservation and Mitigation Policies
- Latest methods and systems in carbon trade
- Innovations and updates on clean hydrogen gas production
- Application of hydrogen gas
- Innovation and updates on Block Chain trade
- Finance for the Green Economy, solutions and prospects.
- The value of Oxygen